Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Excerpt from Work in Progress

This is an excerpt from the first chapter of one of my work-in-progress novels.

The following excerpt is Copyright 2011 Matt Cairone
All Rights Reserved.

"The manor track was made up of dilapidated old shacks clustered around the city dump. I wondered how you could live there with that smell. I never asked Shorty. That would be rude. But he lived there all right, smell and all. Most people never saw the full manor track because they turned right around and left lickety-split after dumping their trash. I’m not sure why, but my father wanted me to see it, so we drove all the way back several times."

Once the book of short stories is released, this is most likely my next project. It is a story about living in Southern New Jersey in the late 60's.

No comments:

Post a Comment