Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Cup of Tea - Comprehensive Health Care

Yesterday was a beautiful day in Pittsburgh, spring-like. I had a few minutes before a client meeting. So, I bought a cup of iced tea at Starbucks, to take outside in the sunshine.

It was a medium green iced tea. It cost $2.09. First observation, that is about the same price as my full length novel as an e-book. But enough on that lest I go off! Second and more important observation, it seemed expensive for a small cup of tea. But then I thought about how Starbucks, as a company, provides comprehensive health care for all of its nearly 20,000 employees - even those who are part-time. Find me another US company doing that! Find me one putting its money where its corporate policy mouth is! I'll wait, without holding my breath, for a response. I hope there are others out there - I just need help finding them.

Bravo Starbucks! I'll gladly pay your price for the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment