Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Dirty Window

Here is what a reader says about this short story: "This is a challenging story. In only a few pages Cairone provides the reader with an opportunity to view the world from someone else's perspective. Written in the first person, the reader is given a fast track into the most intimate thoughts of the protagonist. I was frankly surprised that I so quickly believed I was hearing his thoughts as they raced through his (and my) mind.

The challenge in the story lies in the ultimate take away from the story. My take away is much different now than it was 8 hours ago when I finished reading it. I would be interested in hearing from others who have read it how they felt immediately after reading it and, if like me, they continued thinking about the story the following day, what their take away was -- a somewhat Rorschachian experiment -- Perhaps that is a conversation to be had on the author's blog page.

I am tempted to write more, but frankly do not want to give any of the story away."

You can find it for Kindle in the Amazon Kindle bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment